What is the best dishwasher?
The best dishwasher for your household will depend on a number of factors including your budget, kitchen size, washing needs, noise tolerance, desired features, style preferences, etc. Depending on your budget, we'd suggest looking for an ENERGY STAR® rated dishwasher that offers very flexible rack storage (adjustable racks, foldable tines, etc.) and one that is designed with a stainless steel tub. Stainless steel tubs are more durable/stain-resistant than plastic tubs, and they also have water-condensing and heat-retaining properties that enhance the efficiency of the dry cycle. We also suggest thinking about whether you want a self-cleaning or manual filter system. Models with self-cleaning filters will be louder than ones with manual filters but eliminate the need for pre-rinsing and regularly cleaning out the filter yourself. In terms of different brands, Bosche and Miele manufacture the highest rated dishwashers according to Consumer Reports, and, according to JD Power & Associates, they both also have the highest overall customer satisfaction rates. Bosche dishwashers are moderately priced (~$700), while Miele dishwashers are very expensive (~$1800).
- What is the best dishwasher?
- How much do dishwashers cost?
- Why wouldn't you want a dishwasher that has a self-cleaning filter?
- How many place settings can a dishwasher hold?
- What is the most energy efficient dishwasher?
- Does it really matter whether a dishwasher has a plastic or stainless steel tub?
- Which dishwasher has the largest capacity?